Subject: Re: Q: Storb light
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 08:08:39 -0700

>At 14:24 24-04-96 -0400, Zoltan wrote: >I've been thinking of 
> >doing a simple enclosure with a light&flare inside, but then I get into 
> >problems with having the flare show though the glass, but not in front of 
> >any other objects (i.e. some steel beams)
>
> My $0.05: 
>
> Write down the framenumbers in which other objects should cover the 
>lensflare. Render your animation with lensflare shining through everything. 
>Render only the frames of which you've written down the numbers, with the 
>lensflare disappearing behind objects (remove your glass casing). I think 
>lensflares take more than one frame to disappear, so check it out. This 
>should work. 

Oh boy, thanks, but this involved a lot of beam-work and a lot of lights, so 
it could take a while.  I'll see what I can do.
Zoltan